Relevant Publications and Websites
- Charting Progress, An integrated assessment of the State of UK Seas (PDF, 4.72 MB)
In 2005 Defra produced this report assessing the state of the UK seas
- UKCIP02 Climate Change Scenarios for the UK (PDF, 1.14 MB)
In 2002 UKCIP produced a report on future climate scenarios which forms the most complete assessment available for future climate change in the UK. Includes a section on marine climate change scenarios.
- Marine Climate Change Encyclopaedia http://www.sahfos.org/climate encyclopaedia/index2.html
The aim of the Marine Climate Change Encyclopaedia is to provide an accessible informative and complete as possible briefing for the general public, government policy makers, and the scientific community on marine climate change issues.
- WWF Vulnerability Assessment of the North East Atlantic (PDF, 1.62 MB)
In 2005 a workshop run by WWF commissioned a detailed report on the vulnerability of the north-east Atlantic to the impacts of climate change.
- ICES Report on Ocean Climate 2005 (PDF, 4.04 MB)
The ICES working group on Oceanic Hydrography report annually on a network of observations of surface temperature and salinity around the North Atlantic and sub-Arctic.
- Marine Environmental Change Network http://www.mba.ac.uk/MECN/
The Marine Environmental Change Network is a collaboration between organisations in England, Scotland, Wales, the Isle of Man, and Northern Island, collecting long term time-series information for marine waters.