MCCIP synthesises broad based evidence on how climate change is affecting our coast and seas and its impacts on:
- marine ecosystems;
- cleanliness and safety;
- commercial activities.
Photos © Crown copyright and © John Pinnegar.
MCCIP 2013 Annual Report Card
- Press Release
- 12-page summary report card (English)
- 12-page summary report card (Cymraeg) (Coming Soon)
- Epub Format (Advisable to download report card for colour figures)
- Kindle Format
- Supporting scientific reviews
- Key messages in Powerpoint (PPT; 6.3 MB)
MCCIP 2012 knowledge gaps paper launched
News and Events
- Global warming likely to breach 2C threshold, conclude IPCC scientists
- Climate change exacerbates extreme weather events
- Arctic sea ice minimum in 2013 is sixth lowest on record
- Arctic shipping access likely to vary for much of the 21st century
- Movement of marine life follows speed and direction of climate change
- Plankton will suffer as oceans warm
- Seabirds 'face extinction' from food shortages and climate change
Did you know?
The next Special Topic Report Card will focus on the implications of climate change for marine protected areas and for achieving Good Environmental Status under the Marine Strategy Framework Directive.