MCCIP synthesises broad based evidence on how climate change is affecting our coast and seas and its impacts on:
- marine ecosystems;
- cleanliness and safety;
- commercial activities.
Photos © Crown copyright and © John Pinnegar.
MCCIP 2015 Special Report Card: Implications for the implementation of marine biodiversity legislation
Other recent MCCIP work: Adaptation in the UK seafood industry
Seafish, the trade association for the UK seafood industry, are the second industry sector to engage with the MCCIP Marine Climate Smart Working programme.
The "Climate change and the UK marine leisure industry - Adapting to a changing world" Seafish technical report and summary card were released in early December 2015.
Marine Climate Change News
- The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change tasked with assessing the state of the climate has been giving some serious thought to where most of its efforts should be focussed in the next few years
- Next steps for UK climate adaptation: developing the 2017 Climate Change Risk Assessment
- Record annual increase of carbon dioxide observed for 2015
- Arctic sea ice extent breaks record low for winter
- Climate forecasts underestimate sea-rise impact of Antarctic thaw
Did you know?
The next MCCIP Report Card will celebrate ten years of MCCIP reporting, looking back at how our understanding of marine climate change impacts has changed over time and seeing what lessons this provides us for the future.