MCCIP synthesises broad based evidence on how climate change is affecting our coast and seas and its impacts on:
- marine ecosystems;
- cleanliness and safety;
- commercial activities.
Photos © Crown copyright and © John Pinnegar.
MCCIP 2015 Special Report Card: Implications for the implementation of marine biodiversity legislation
Other recent MCCIP work: Adaptation in the UK seafood industry
Seafish, the trade association for the UK seafood industry, are the second industry sector to engage with the MCCIP Marine Climate Smart Working programme.
The "Climate change and the UK marine leisure industry - Adapting to a changing world" Seafish technical report and summary card were released in early December 2015.
Marine Climate Change News
- Learning from a winter of extremes
- Assessing the observed impact of anthropogenic climate change
- UN Framework Convention on Climate Change: The Paris Agreement
- Changing climate, changing plankton communities
- Climate change is threatening the seabirds of St Kilda
Did you know?
The next MCCIP Report Card will celebrate ten years of MCCIP reporting, looking back at how our understanding of marine climate change impacts has changed over time and seeing what lessons this provides us for the future.