MCCIP synthesises broad based evidence on how climate change is affecting our coast and seas and its impacts on:
- marine ecosystems;
- cleanliness and safety;
- commercial activities.
Photos © Crown copyright and © John Pinnegar.
MCCIP 2013 Annual Report Card
Recent MCCIP products
Climate Change and Marine Leisure Report Card
The UK marine leisure industry is the first to engage with the MCCIP Marine Climate Smart Working programme. The "Climate change and the UK marine leisure industry - Adapting to a changing world" Report Card has been released. All formats of the publiication and further information is provided on the Adaptation webpage.
News and reports
- MCCIP's Business Plan for Phase III (2015-2020) is now available for download
- Satellite images reveal ocean acidification from space
- Removing carbon dioxide and reflecting sunlight to cool Earth: Climate intervention
- Climate change to intensify coastal upwelling
- Sardines swim north to keep cool
- Fossils used to predict impact of global warming on marine life
- Study reviews progress on local authority adaptation
Did you know?
The next Special Topic Report Card will focus on the implications of climate change for marine protected areas and for achieving Good Environmental Status under the Marine Strategy Framework Directive.